Electropolished stainless steel tubing is usually called EP stainless steel tubing, and it is mostly used as high purity & UHP (Ultra-high purity) stainless steel tubing. Our factory is a leading China electropolished SS tubing manufacturer & supplier. We produce and supply a wide size range of electro-polished stainless steel tubes, pipes and EP fittings with the most popular stainless steel grades.
Our Electro-polished (EP) tubing brief introduction
■ Seamless cold finished tubes / welded stainless steel tubing
■ Material: 316 / 316L, 304 / 304 L, 316Ti, 2205, S31803; EN DIN steel grades 1. 4401 / 1.4404 /1.4435, 1.4301 /1.4307, 1.4462
■ Tubes are suitable for orbital welding
■ Inner surface Elector-polishing;
■ Size Range: Metric dimension outer diameter 5 mm to 100 mm; imperial dimension 1/4 inch to 4 inch
■ Tube Cleaning: Each EP SS tube & EP pipe will be chemical cleaned and DI Water Rinsing as the final cleaning process.
■ Tube Marking: Manufacturer’s name(on request), Product Standard, Material steel grade, Size (OD x WT x Length), and Heat number.
■ Tubing Packing: Tube ends capped with polyethylene caps, every tube packed in double polyethylene bags.
Details of our electropolished stainless steel tubing / EP tubing
Electropolished stainless steel tubing produce standard
As one of the leading China electropolished tubing manufacturers & suppliers, our factory produces and supplies stainless steel electro-polished tubes & pipes with most popular international standards. Here below is the typical list of the most popular standards we follow.
|Fractional Sizes Tubing||Metric and Imperial Sizes Tubes|
ASTM A269 / A270
Besides the above, we also produce electro-polished tubing stainless steel as per other standards or specifications as per customers’ requests.
Electropolished stainless steel tube fittings
Using our own stainless steel tubing as the mother tube, our factory can also supplies a wide range of electro polished stainless steel fittings. And our electropolished stainless steel fittings are widely used as high purity & UHP(Ultra-high purity) fittings.
What is Electropolished stainless steel tubing & electro-polishing?
What is electro-polished (EP) stainless steel tubing?
- Electro-polished stainless steel tubing is the stainless steel seamless tubing or welded tubing that is polished on the inner diameter with the method of electro-polishing
What is electro-polishing?
Electropolishing is an electrochemical finishing process that removes a thin layer of material from a metal part, typically stainless steel or similar alloys. The process leaves a shiny, smooth, ultra-clean surface finish.
What are the advantages of electro-polishing & EP tubing?
- The pharmaceutical and semiconductor industries require large volumes of inner surface electropolished stainless steel tubing. In both cases, Type 316L stainless steel is the alloy of choice. 6% molybdenum stainless steel alloys are occasionally used; alloys C-22 and C-276 are important to semiconductor manufacturers, especially when hydrochloric acid gas is used as an etchant. Electropolished tubes are specified for so many applications for the reason of:
- The surface is ultra-smooth and there are few impurity capture points. For the pharmaceutical industry, this means purer products without the danger of bacteria growing in surface defects;
- the semiconductor industry is extremely sensitive to “killer particles” – small fragments that break free from pits or crevices before vapor deposition and stay on the wafer, resulting in defective chips.
- Easily characterize surface defects that would otherwise be masked in the labyrinth of surface anomalies found in more common materials.
- Provides highest corrosion resistance:
Unlike passivation, electropolishing can be performed on all grades of stainless steel and results in better corrosion resistance of various stainless steel parts than passivation alone – electropolished parts are 30 times more resistant to corrosion than passivated parts.
Electropolishing preferentially dissolves free iron, inclusions, and embedded particles from the surface of the work-piece. This process improves the near-surface chemistry of the material and promotes the formation of an improved corrosion resistant surface layer.
- Ultra-High Purity
- Highest surface smoothness