SAE closed flanges are known as SAE blind flanges, there is no hole in the middle of the flange. SAE closed flanges are used to close and seal the pipe end.
- 3000 psi standard pressure series according to ISO 6162-1
- 6000 psi high pressure series according to ISO 6162-2
Both the above series of SAE closed flanges are conformed to SAE J518C.
- Carbon steel: S355J0 / C45 or equivalent, other steel grades on request.
- Stainless steel: 304, 316, 316L, 316Ti; EN/DIN steel grades 1.4301, 1.4401, 1.4404, 1.4571.
- 3000 psi standard pressure series (code 61): 1/2″ to 5″
- 6000 psi high pressure series (code 62): 1/2″ to 3″
For 3000 psi standard pressure series, the working pressure is 35- 350 bar, while for 6000 psi high pressure series, the working pressure could be up to 400 bar. The actual max. working pressure of SAE flanges depends on the strength of the bolts used, and also depends on the wall thickness and quality of the tubes used, we recommend our customers use Younglee’s hydraulic tubing for high pressure applications, because of its advantages of accuracy dimensions, suitable hardness and high pressure resistance.
Younglee’s flange factory is a professional China manufacture in the market. Besides SAE closed flanges, please find more types of other SAE flanges.