Control Line Tube Brief Introduction
Control line tubes and chemical injection lines usually are coiled tubes made of stainless steel, duplex stainless steel or nickle alloys. There are three main forms, including welded & redrawn tube, welded and floating plug redrawn and seamless tube.
Control line tubing is widely used in applications as
- Downhole hydraulic control lines
- Downhole chemical control lines
- Subsea control lines for hydraulic power and chemical injection lines
- Flowline control
- Smooth inner surface control lines used in fibre optic applications
Control line tubes and Chemical Injection lines Specifications
Control Line Manufacturing Range
Coiled tubing is available in a range of different product forms depending on your requirements. We manufacture seam welded and redrawn, seam welded and floating plug redrawn and seamless tube products.
Tubing can be supplied in the annealed or cold worked condition in the following specifications:
- Welded and drawn tubing
- Welded and floating plug drawn tubing
- Outer Diameter (OD): 3mm (0.118”) to 25.4mm (1.00”)
- Wall Thickness (WT): 0.5mm (0.020”) to 3mm (0.118”)
- OD tolerance +/- 0.005” (0.13mm)
- WT tolerance +/- 10%, other tolerances are available on request
- Coil lengths up to 1,500m (5,000ft) without orbital joints depending on product dimensions
- Coil lengths up to 13,500m (45,000ft) with orbital joints
Most popular size list of control line tubes (imperial size)
The most popular materials for control line tubing are 316L, alloy 825 and alloy 625.
|Alloy 825||N08825||0.03||20||38.5||2.6||Cu=1.7, Ti=0.7|
Material Mechanical Properties
|Grade||Yield strength,||Tensile strength,||Elongation|
|psi (MPa)||psi (MPa)||%|
|TP316L||32,000 (220)||75,000 (515)||35|
|Alloy 825||35,000 (240)||80,000 (550)||30|
|Alloy 625||60,000 (415)||110,000 (760)||30|
All the above materials are supplied in solution annealed condition
|Grade||UNS||PRE1)||CPT2) F (oC)||Max H2S3) psi||CO24)|
|TP316L||S31600/S31603||24||95 (35)||No limit||+|
|Alloy 825||N08825||29||140 (60)||No limit||++|
|Alloy 625||N06625||52||195 (90)||No limit||++|
Control Line Product Forms
Younglee supplies long coils of coiled control line tubes in three main forms:
- Seamless coiled tubing – a billet of metal is extruded into a tube and drawn to final size.
- Welded and sunk – after being welded the tube is drawn through a die to homogenize the seam weld.
- Welded and floating plug drawn – after being welded the tube is drawn through a die with a floating plug in the bore to rework the weld seam internally and externally.
- Encapsulated, PVC coated or bare line tubing
- Available on wooden or steel drums.
Question 1. Do you have any control line tubes in stock?
Answer: Yes, we have some sizes in stock, the stock list changes every day, please contact us to check if we have the control line tubing sizes you need in stock.
Question 2. How long is the delivery time of your products?
Answer: The delivery time depends on the quantity and sizes, normally we can delivery in 15 days to 30 days.
Question 3. What are the main market of your control line tubes?
Answer: Our control line tubes are mainly exported to Russia, UAE, Singapore, Vietnam, USA, Brazil, Mexico and so on.
Question 4. How can you ensure the quality?
Answer: Our factory has mature manufacturing processing and quality management system. The control line tubing will be tested according to corresponding standards, and products will be supplied with mill test certificates (according to EN 10204 / 3.1). And we accept third party inspection on customer’s request.
Question 5: Can you provide samples of the control line tubing?
Answer: Yes, we provide free samples, but we do not pay for the cost of freight.
Question 6: Can you accept small trial orders?
Answer: Yes, we welcome the customers to place small trial orders to check our quality, we believe you will love our control line tubing through the trial orders.