SAE Socket Weld Elbow Flanges are one of the popular type of SAE socket wled flanges. The elbow is usually 90°. So they are know as SAE 90° Flanges as well.
- Carbon steel SAE 90° Flanges: C45, C20, CQ235, or on requests.
- Stainless steel SAE 90° Flanges: 304, 316, 316L, 316Ti or equivalent EN/DIN stainless steel grades 1.4301, 1.4401, 1.4404, 1.4571, used for connecting stainless steel hydraulic tubing.
Main series & Size Range:
SAE 90° Flanges come in two varieties, and here below is the size range of each variety:
- for 3000 PSI Standard Pressure Series: 1/2″ (DN13) to 3″
- for 6000 PSI High Pressure Series: 1/2″ (DN13) to 2″ (DN51)
3000 PSI series also is known as code 61 SAE flanges, while 6000 psi high pressure series is known as code 62 SAE flanges.
Carbon steel socket weld elbow flanges are usually supplied in surface condition as below:
- Zinc coated (white)
- Galvanized zinc (yellow)
- Phosphated (black)
- Nickle plated
- Blank + oiled
- Untreated oxidation
- 3000 psi standard series: 35 bar to 350 bar
- 6000 psi high pressure series: up to 420 bar.
The working pressure is also determined by the sizes of the SAE socket weld elbow flange, and the grade (10.9 or 8.8) of the bolts used.