Ultra-high Purity Stainless Steel Tubing /UHP Tubing: Product Overview
Ultra High purity tubing usually refers to ultra high purity stainless steel tubing, it is well-known as UHP tubing (UHP stainless steel tubing) also.
This product is the main product of the electropolished (EP) stainless steel tubing product line of our stainless steel tubing factory. As one of the leading ultra high purity stainless steel tubing & EP (Electropolishing) stainless steel tubing manufacturer, our factory produces and supplies full range of ultra high purity stainless steel tubing as below.
■ Ultra high purity tubing / UHP stainless steel tubing: Seamless or welded.
■ Material: 316L stainless steel, equivalent EN DIN 1.4404; other materials available on request.
■ Inner surface finishing: Elector-polished, with roughness Ra <=0.25μm;
■ Tubes are suitable for orbital welding;
■ Size Range: Metric size OD 5 mm to O.D 50 mm; imperial size 1/4 inch to 2 inch
■ Tube Marking: Brand Name, Size (OD x WT x Length), Material, Product Standard, and Heat No.
■ Tubing Packing: Both tube ends are capped with plastic caps, each tube packed in a separated bag.
Ultra High purity tubing / UHP stainless steel tubing: Product Descriptions
Here below is the detailed description of our factory’s ultra high purity stainless steel tubing / UHP tubing.
As one of the leading China UHP stainless steel tubing manufacturers & suppliers, our factory produces and supplies ultra high purity stainless steel tubes with most popular international standards. Here below is the typical list of standards we follow.
|Fractional Sizes Tubing||Metric and Imperial Sizes Tubes|
ASTM A269 / A270
The most popular material for our ultra high purity stainless steel tubing is SS TP316L, equivalent EN DIN 1.4404. Here below is the chemical composition.
|Chromium||16.5 - 18.0|
|Nickel||10.0 - 13.0|
|Molybdenum||2.00 - 3.00|
|Sulfur||0.005 to 0.012 (seamless);|
0.030 max (thermocouple-cleaned)
Other stainless steel grades are available upon customer's request.
Younglee's stainless steel Ultra-high purity tubing (UHP tube) has an electropolished inside surface finishing of roughness max Ra 0.25µm ( 10 µin /RA10).
|Surface Treatment||Inner Surface Roughness||Outer Surface Roughness|
|ElectroPolished (EP)||EP SS tubing with Ra 0.25μm (10Ra) Max.||Ra 0.8μm max |
or upon request
All the ultra high purity (UHP) tubes are with ends capped with PVC caps; the EP stainless steel tubing (electropolished stainless steel tubing) is individually double bagged, then bulk bagged in a clean room, and then packed in wooden cases.
As a professional ultra high purity tubing manufacturer & supplier, Younglee manufactures and supplies both imperial size and metric size of UHP stainless steel tubing. Here below is some popular sizes.
Table 1. Imperial Sizes of Ultra-high purity (UHP) tubing
|Tube Wall in.||Ordering Code||Weight|
|Working Pressure psig|
|Ultra high purity (UHP) Stainless steel tubing 316L|
Table 2. Metric sizes of Ultra-high purity tubing /UHP stainless steel tubing
|Tube Wall mm||Legth|
|Working Pressure bar|
|Ultra high purity (UHP) tubing Stainless Steel TP316L|
Other sizes are available on customers' request, and normally the length our ultra high purity tubing is 6 mtrs, other length is available on request.
Adavantages of Younglee Ultra-high purity (UHP) tubing:
- Most of the current dimension series and materials are in stock
- Special materials are available on request
- High-quality surface treatment processes ensure a perfect inner surface
- Optimum preparation of all tube and fitting ends for orbital welding
- High corrosion resistance due to high-quality alloys from qualified suppliers
- Planning and process reliability through comprehensive and documented quality assurance
- Cleaning and packaging services are available, even under cleanroom conditions
- Quick lead time availability thanks to large stocks and modern logistics
Everything from a single source: Offers all products and services from a single source.
Ultra-high purity tubing applications
Stainless steel Ultra-high purity (UHP) tubes are widely used in applications where high cleanness, ultra-high purity and high performance are required, here below is a list of the typical applications.
- Ultra High purity liquid or ultra high purity gas convey
- Clean gas supply system construction
- UHP tubes for semiconductor wafer processing and medical industries
- Laboratory gas convey
- Size Exclusion Chromatography
- Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography
- Ion Exchange Chromatography
- Affinity Chromatography
- Reverse Phase Chromatography
- Pharmaceutical instrumentation
Besides UHP tubes and ultra high purity pipes, we also supply below ultra-high purity products.
- Ultra-high purity stainless steel fittings
- High purity stainless steel tubing
- High purity stainless steel fittings
- Coaxial tubing /COAX stainless steel tube and fittings
Customers who are interested in high purity and ultra high purity (UHP) tubing and fittings, please contact us for more details.
EMAIL: [email protected]
Questions & Answers
UHP tubing is the short for Ultra High Purity tubing. UHP tubing usually is electropolished stainless steel tubing with ultra high purity, cleanliness and smoothness inner surface. The inner surface roughness of UHP tubing can be as good as Ra0.25 μm or 10RA(10μin). The most popular material for UHP tubes is stainless steel 316L (EN 1.4404).
Our high performance stainless steel tubing factory is a leading China Ultra-high purity tubing manufacturer. Our UHP tubing has advantages as below.
- Top quality raw materials
Our raw materials stainless steel are from China top quality stainless steel manufacturers such as Baosteel, Tisco, Youngxing.
- TQM Quality Management system to ensure the quality
All working process are under control by our Total Quality Management system, which ensures the quality of the high purity & UHP tubes and pipes 100% meet customers’ requirements.
- Our factory has a variety of professional inspection facilities, including:
Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM),Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy(EDS), Particle Counter, Surface Roughness Gauge, Micro Vickers, Metallography Microscope, Moisture Analyzer, Tensile Testing Machined etc.
- Our high purity & UHP tubes and pipes are with high purity, high cleanliness, and high smoothness.
- High corrosion resistant performance
- Suitable for orbital welding
- Full size range and accept customized size
- Flexible and fast delivery time
If customer agrees or wishes, we will mark each tube with laser marking, the marking usually including:
- Manufacturer Name: Younglee (if the customer wants, we can also mark with themselves’ company name)
- Corresponding Standard as: ASTM A269/ A632/ A270; EN 10216-5
- Steel Grade: 316L / 1.4404
- Dimension: O.D(outer diameter) x W.T (wall thickness) x length
- Heat Number.
If the customer wish, the above markings will be on the packing bags or with a label. This is sometimes for the electro-polished stainless steel tubing.
Each tube will be capped in the ends with plastic caps, every electropolished UHP tubing will be packed in double polyethylene bags. And then the well packed tubes will be put into a wooden case.
We can pack the ultra-high purity Stainless steel tubing in our class 10 clean room.
Our electropolished (EP) ultra high purity tubes & pipes are chemically cleaned and passivated to keep nonvolatile residue levels to comply with ASTM G93 or SEMI E 49.6.
Each Ultra-High Purity (UHP) tube &pipe can be rinsed with 18MΩ di water and purged with 99.9995% filtered nitrogen and are packed in our class 10 clean room.