Hydraulic ball valves are usually a kind of special stainless steel ball valves or carbon steel ball valves which are used in hydraulic industry, to control the fluid in the hydraulic systems.
As hydraulic ball valve is one sub category of the ball valves, so to explain what is hydraulic ball valve, we need to explain what is ball valve first.
What is ball valve?
Ball valves, as its name suggests, are stop valves that use a ball to stop or begin a stream of fluid. The ball (see in the below drawing) performs the exact same function as the disc in other types of valves. Since the valve handle is turned to open the valve, then the ball rotates into some stage where a part or all the hole through the ball is in line with the valve body enter port and export, permitting fluid to flow through the valve. After the ball has been rotated so the hole is perpendicular to the flow openings of the valve body, the flow of fluid ceases.
Most industrial ball valves would be the quick-acting kind. They need just a 90-degree twist to completely open or shut the valve. But many are operated by planetary gears. This sort of gearing enables the usage of a relatively little handwheel and functioning power to operate a rather large valve. The gearing does, but increase the working period for the valve. Some ball valves additionally have a swing test situated inside the chunk to give the valve a test valve characteristic.
Besides the ball valves displayed in the above picture, you will find 3 way ball valves which are utilized to provide fluid from one source to a component or another at a two-component system.
As the special ball valves designed especially for hydraulic systems,
Hydraulic ball valves are characterized by below features:
- Low fluid resistance, the full bore ball valve basically has no flow resistance.
- High pressure: the maximum working pressure can be up to 7500 psi (500 bar), depends on the sizes and connection type, because of this, hydraulic ball valves are also known as high pressure ball valves.
- Block body: different from the other types of ball valves such as 1 piece ball valves, 2 piece ball valves, three piece ball valves, fully weld ball valves and so on, the hydraulic ball valves body are in Square shape (Cuboid or cube). See in below picture.
- Leak-free and reliable. It has two sealing surfaces, and currently the ball valve sealing surface materials are mostly in a wide range of plastics, good sealing, can achieve a complete seal. It has also been widely used in vacuum systems.
- Hydraulic ball valves are with simple structure, small size, and light in weight.
- Easy to operate, fast to open and close, from full open to fully closed the rotation only is 90 degrees, so it is easy for remote controlling.
- Easy maintenance, ball valve structure is simple, the seal ring is generally active, removal and replacement are more convenient.
- When fully open or fully closed, the sealing surfaces of the ball body and the valve seat are isolated from the medium. When the medium passes through, the sealing surface of the valve will not be eroded.
- Since the ball valve has wiping during opening and closing, it can be used in media with suspended solid particles.
- The end types of hydraulic ball valves to connect the hydraulic tubing usually are female BSP, NPT or UN/UNF thread, male ORFS connection or 24° cone connection.
The working principle of hydraulic ball valves
The high-pressure ball valve has the action of rotating 90 degrees. The plug body is a sphere, and has a circular through hole or passage through the axis. The ball valve is mainly used in the pipeline to cut off, distribute and change the direction of flow of the medium.
It only needs to rotate with 90 degrees of operation and a small rotational torque can close the tight. The ball valve is most suitable for use as a switch or shut-off valve, but recent developments have designed the ball valve so that it has a throttling and control flow, such as a V-ball valve.
The main characteristics of high-pressure ball valve are its compact structure, reliable sealing, simple structure, convenient maintenance, sealing surface and spherical surface often in the closed state, not easy to be eroded by medium, easy to operate and maintain, suitable for water, solvent, acid and natural gas, etc. Working media, but also for working conditions of poor media, such as oxygen, hydrogen peroxide, methane and ethylene, have been widely used in various industries. The ball valve body can be integral or modular.
Want to buy hydraulic ball valves?
Contact us by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call us +861861-2706-695.