China Customs had just published the export data of Chinese steel pipes of May, 2017.
Flanges are the most popular components in pipe and tube installations in industries, they are used to connect pipes or tubes. For most of the applications, the normal flanges are enough to provide good connection to pipe lines. However, for pipes under high pressure, such as hydraulic tubing, are they normal types of flanges still safe?
No! To provide safety and leak-free connection of the tubes and pipes under high pressure, the best way is that we use certain type of SAE Flanges.
SAE flanges | Code 61 /code 62 flanges
SAE flanges / hydraulic SAE flanges are the main product of Younglee group’s factory also. The products are made according to SAE J 518 C and ISO 6162-1/2, and they are for safe and leak-free flange connections. And now we are one of the first class quality SAE flanges manufacturer in China.
Our Product group of SAE Flange including:
- SAE Split Flanges
- SAE Flange Clamps
- SAE Weld Flanges
- – SAE Butt weld flanges
- – SAE Socket weld flanges
- – SAE Socket weld Elbow flanges
- SAE Threaded Flanges / SAE threaded Counterflanges
- – SAE BSPP Threaded Flanges
- – SAE NPT Threaded Flanges
- SAE Closed Flanges / SAE Blind Flanges
- SAE Blocks
All the above products of SAE flanges come in two main series:
- 3000 psi standard pressure series designed according to standard ISO 6162-1, which is also known as code 61 flanges;
- 6000 psi high pressure series designed according to standard ISO 6162-2, which is also known as code 62 flanges;
SAE Socket Weld Flanges and Counterflanges
SAE Socket Weld Flanges are one of the main types of SAE wled flanges, which are designed and manufactured according to standard ISO 6162-1/ ISO 6162-2. Products are conform to standard SAE J518 as well.
- SAE socket weld flanges
- Flat style SAE socket weld flanges
- SAE 90° flanges / SAE socket weld elbow flanges
- ISO 6162-1: for 3000 psi standard pressure series (light duty), known as code 61 flanges as well
- ISO 6162-2: for 6000 psi high pressure series (heavy duty), known as code 62 flanges as well
SAE Socket Weld Elbow Flanges are one of the popular type of SAE socket wled flanges. The elbow is usually 90°. So they are know as SAE 90° Flanges as well.
- Carbon steel SAE 90° Flanges: C45, C20, CQ235, or on requests.
- Stainless steel SAE 90° Flanges: 304, 316, 316L, 316Ti or equivalent EN/DIN stainless steel grades 1.4301, 1.4401, 1.4404, 1.4571, used for connecting stainless steel hydraulic tubing.
SAE screw-in flanges (SAE threaded flanges) are the main products of Younglee’s SAE flange products group. This product is designed according to ISO 6162-1/-2, and conform to SAE J518C, and comes in two main varieties according to the different thread types:
- 3000 psi standard pressure series: 1/2″ (DN13) to 5″(DN127)
- 6000 psi high pressure series: 1/2″ (DN13) to 2″(50.8mm)
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel: AISI 304, 316, 316L, 316Ti or corresponding EN/DIN steel grades 1.4301, 1.4401, 1.4404, 1.4571, other steel grades on request.
SAE BSPP threaded flanges are the SAE threaded flanges with BSPP type thread. As a sub variety, this product followed all the descriptions of SAE threaded flanges. To find information of materials, working pressure, surface treatments and size range, please refer to SAE threaded flanges.
SAE NPT threaded flanges are the SAE threaded flanges with NPT type thread. As a sub variety, this product followed all the descriptions of SAE threaded flanges, including materials, working pressure, surface treatment and size range, and so on.
Except the difference of thread type, the other specifications and technical parameters of SAE NPT thread flanges are the same with BSPP thread flanges.
So to find the sizes, working pressure and dimensions of SAE NPT thread flanges, please refer to SAE BSPP thread flanges.
SAE Butt Weld Flange ( or SAE Butt Weld On Flange) is one of the main types of SAE weld flanges, which is widely used in hydraulic systems in various industries.
Younglee’s pipe clamp factory is one of the first class quality China manufacture of SAE Flanges which including SAE weld flanges.
SAE butt weld flanges are divided into two series according to designed standard and working pressure as below, which are used for different pressure rating hydraulic tubing connectors.
- 3000 PSI standard pressure series according to ISO 6162-1, also known as code 61 flanges
- 6000 PSI high pressure series according to ISO 6162-2, also known as code 62 butt weld flanges
Both of the above series are conform to standard SAE J518C also. Continue reading
SAE closed flanges are known as SAE blind flanges, there is no hole in the middle of the flange. SAE closed flanges are used to close and seal the pipe end.
- 3000 psi standard pressure series according to ISO 6162-1
- 6000 psi high pressure series according to ISO 6162-2
Both the above series of SAE closed flanges are conformed to SAE J518C.